Outlined below are precautions we are taking to remain covid safe.
Find the most current information at: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
- Symptoms and testing
- Physical distancing
- The COVIDSafe app speeds up contacting people exposed to COVID-19.
- Information below current from 1 July 2020.
Stay at home when unwell
Don’t attend the dojo if you are unwell.
Parents and guardians of students under 18 agree not to attend the dojo if they are unwell themselves and to ensure students under 18 who are unwell do not attend the dojo.
Practise good hygiene when at the dojo
In addition to the requirements of the student code of conduct:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitiser on arrival at the dojo.
- Cover your cough or sneeze using your elbow or a tissue.
- Immediately dispose of tissues and wash your hands or use hand sanitiser after coughing or sneezing.
- Ensure you bring your own water bottle and tenugui (hand towel/cloth) to training.
Maintain physical distance
From 1 July the proscription against physical contact in community sport and recreation activities has been lifted. However, please avoid physical contact except as required for training:
- Avoid shaking hands. Use non-contact greetings.
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5 m on arrival and departure, socialising before and after class, getting changed, and when setting up and packing up.
- Consider wearing part or all of your training clothes to and from the dojo.
- If you prefer to train without physical contact please let the instructor and your training partners know. Your decision will be respected and factored into training.
Minimise high-impact aerobic training
As we return to physical training in the dojo we will continue to exercise caution. Someone who is sweating profusely, breathing heavily and taking high-impact ukemi is likely to shed more virus if they are carrying it unwittingly. Let’s avoid high-impact aerobic training and ukemi until restrictions are further lifted.
Wipe down dojo weapons before and after training with supplied disinfectant.
If you have your own weapons, please bring them to weapons class and keep them for your exclusive use.
You can do the same with weapons you have borrowed from the dojo.